About MeMy name is Yolanda Campbell Lifter and I thank you for your interest in my research services. As an Ohioan by birth (Springfield, Clark County), I enjoy helping others search for their Ohio roots.
My personal research began a number of years ago with my paternal lines, many which have been in Ohio since the early 1800s. My direct lines resided in Adams, Brown, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Gallia, Guernsey, Hamilton, Highland, Jackson, Meigs, Pike, Ross, Vinton, and Warren Counties.
Their collateral lines were in the aforementioned counties as well as Fayette, Greene, Hardin, Logan, Marion, Montgomery, Morgan, Noble, Richland, Scioto, Shelby, Union, and possibly others yet to be discovered.
Before arriving in Ohio, these families and their ancestors had resided in Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
My maternal lines are southern. My direct lines were in Alabama (Lamar, Marion, Walker, and Winston Counties), Georgia (Chattooga, Cobb, Fulton, Houston, Jackson, Oglethorpe, and Union Counties ), and Mississippi (Pontotoc County).
These southern lines originated mainly in North Carolina and Virginia.
The maternal and paternal lines of my husband are from Massachusetts and Finland.
I am involved in one-name studies for the surnames Stoops, Tidwell, and Lifter. I am researching these three surnames throughout the world.
I started my genealogical research business in 2000 and enjoy doing client research. I research on-site in Ohio at least twice a year. I also have performed on-site research in Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and West Virginia.
Although Ohio research is my specialty, I am also available for research for other states.
Memberships & ActivitiesI am a member of the following organizations as well as other state and county genealogical societies:
- Association of Graveyard Rabbits (Visit my blog at Graveyard Rabbit Journeys.)
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- Clan Campbell Society of North America
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- Florida Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society
- Florida State Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
- Georgia Genealogical Society
- Great Lakes Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists
- Guild of One-Name Studies (Lifter, Stoops, and Tidwell)
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historical Genealogical Society
- Ohio Genealogical Society (lifetime member)
- Scottish Genealogy Society
- Virginia Genealogical Sociey
- Virtual Genealogical Society
- graduate of ProGen Study Group 4
- graduate of GenProof Study Group 62
- participated in the Certification Discussion Group of Winter 2018
- completed the course Answering the Call of Uncle Sam: Research in Military Records at GRIP (Genealogical Institute of Pittsburgh) June 2021
- attend local, state, national conferences, and webinars
Current Society Positions
- President, Florida Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society
- Director of Chapter Projects, Florida Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society
- Newsletter Editor, Florida Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society
- Regional Representative (Southeastern United States), Guild of One-Name Studies
- President, Genealogical Society of South Brevard
- County Coordinator, Brown County, OHGenWeb
- County Coordinator, Pike County, OHGenWeb